Pardon our dust…

28 Apr , 2018,
oleg
6 comments

Dear readers,

As I’m sure you’ve noticed, we’ve upgraded our site layout to a more mobile friendly version. This is a work in progress and you will see some additional tweaks in the coming weeks. In the meanwhile, please let us know if you come across any problems: dead links, broken pages, usability issues on desktop or mobile devices, etc. Please leave your feedback in comments or use the Contact Us form and we will do our best to fix any bugs ASAP!

As always, thank you for visiting our site and please come back often – we’re looking to add some new features in 2018 and are open to your feedback about what you would like to see on Fight Matrix.

6 Comments

1. oleg May 25, 2018 at 12:20 am Reply

I’ll get in touch and set you up with a contributor account.

2. Chromium May 6, 2018 at 7:03 pm Reply

There’s a few things I’d really like to say.

First off, this really is a fabulous and invaluable resource for MMA fans and also for promoters, and there’s nothing else out there even close to an equivalent.

Secondly, I would gladly donate money to this site if there were a link for that (did I miss one?). Like, even if it’s just to defray server costs, this is a site worth supporting and I’d be happy to do so.

Finally, is it possible there could be a future feature where one could toggle between the new layout and a more desktop friendly one? The mobile layout is certainly warranted, but I also like seeing more info and and having more direct links on any given page.

• oleg May 6, 2018 at 10:37 pm Reply

Re: accepting donations, we’ve considered this before but there are some legal ramifications to accepting donations for a US-based company. The advertising revenue we generate is very modest but it does cover the operating expenses. If you know of a way we can legally accept donations without being a non-profit organization, I’d like to hear it. Otherwise, if you’re a half way decent writer, you’re always welcome to contribute with a guest blog post or few. Let me know if that’s something you would be interested in.

Re: mobile vs desktop layout, unfortunately there is no way to switch back to the old layout. However the site should not look much different than before when viewed on a laptop/desktop or tablet – you should still see the sidebar and the full drop-down header menu with all links. Is this not working?

• Chromium May 24, 2018 at 8:41 pm Reply

Sorry for the late reply. I would love to blog if I happen to have a good idea relevant to FightMatrix. I’ve blogged for a minor-but-legitimate MMA site before (and was headhunted on two other occasions but turned them down), and had an SBNation fanpost promoted once, so I have teensy bit of experience. Feel free to contact me at my email below (you’ll see it matches up with the one I’ve provided in most of my previous comments) about how to maybe set that up.

3. oleg April 30, 2018 at 10:19 am Reply

Thanks for the kind words and all your contributions over the years.

This site redesign has been literally 3 years in the making and we just haven’t had time to add any new features… now we can focus on that a bit more, we have lots of stuff we would like to add – it’s just a matter of deciding how feasible some of them are and what to do first.

I agree that showing opponent’s rankings at the time of the fight would be more relevant, though I could see an argument for the opposite as well. Maybe JCS can weight in on this (since he creates the fight programs 🙂

4. Ked Becker April 30, 2018 at 8:13 am Reply

I would like to express my gratitude again for this website. it is by far the best MMA ranking system there is and without it I would be lost in the chaos that is the MMA world.
    I have many things I would like to see on Fight Matrix (some of which I already wrote to you about) but I don’t really know what kind of things you would be open to.
    For example, one thing that I would like to see changed is the rankings in fight programs. now past opponents of competing fighters are shown with their current rankings, while I think it would be better to show them with their past ranking that was right before the fight with the competing fighter. for example when someone beats the champion this is a huge accomplishment but it doesn’t seem that way in the fight program because that past opponent is not ranked no. 1 anymore..
    Thank you again for an awesome website

Before asking where a specific fighter is ranked or why they aren't ranked:

- We update the rankings once per week, usually on Sunday or Monday.

- Fighters who have not fought in 450 days or more ARE NOT RANKED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

- Use the "Fighter Search" option in the upper-right of the page. The fighter may be ranked in a different division.

- Most of the divisions have multiple pages beyond this one. See the clickable ranges above and below the ranking table.

Furthermore, we do not maintain the "next fight" data. This is gathered from Sherdog. Any issues regarding this data should be forwarded to them.