In the world of martial arts, there are many outstanding fighters from different countries who have won the fame and sympathy of fans all over the world with their talent, perseverance and the highest level of skill. This article will highlight a few legendary names who have become icons of MMA. The text will briefly describe the biography of these athletes and their characteristics.
Conor McGregor, who was born on 14 July 1988 in Ireland. He is deservedly called one of the most talented and titled fighters in the world history of mixed martial arts. He began his ascent to the “Olympus” of professional fighting in 2008 and very quickly became a champion in several versions at once. In addition to his dominance in the octagon and in the ring, he has distinguished himself by his entourage and boldness in dealing with the press and opponents before the fight. His bouts, like online poker real money, are always unpredictable.
- Thai boxing. McGregor was one of the most talented and dangerous punchers on the planet, capable of inflicting serious damage on his opponent in a matter of moments. He often used his strong hands, feet, knees and elbows to land punches straight to the head.
- Jiu-Jitsu. In addition to his skills in fighting at any distance, Conor also fights well in the parterre.
He is capable of executing any throw, as well as choking his opponent or performing a painful hold.
Anderson Silva who was born on 14 April 1975 in one of the Brazilian provinces. He is called the best MMA fighter from the Southern Hemisphere. He is one of the most technical and charismatic athletes in the history of this form of martial arts. Silva is known for his unique style and unusual combination of capoeira and Brazilian jiu-jitsu.
The Brazilian athlete proved himself as a master strategist in the octagon and in the ring. He gained fame and recognition of the public with high kicks from any distance, as well as acrobatic stunts that can knock out and cripple his opponent. Anderson has a lightning fast level of reaction, and hitting him or taking him down by making a pass is no easy task.
He starts attacking like a cougar that has lunged at its prey by leaping from cover, and chooses to do so in incredibly spectacular situations. He manages to dodge his opponent’s blows and maximize the use of his arm length. This gives the impression that he is dancing around his opponent
Features of the style:
- Capoeira and classical boxing: Silva has the highest accuracy and speed of strikes of any limbs. He controls his opponent perfectly, giving him no chance to win.
- Jiu-Jitsu: Thanks to his skills, Silva can easily move from the stand-up to the parterre by means of wrestling techniques.
His chokes and painful holds have earned him more than a dozen wins in the UFC and MMA.
George St-Pierre, born on 19 May 1981 in Canada, is one of the most successful fighters in UFC history and has knocked out a huge number of “MMA” and “Pride” opponents. St-Pierre is known for his versatile fighting style and impressive number of martial arts skills, skills which he has perfected in practice.
St-Pierre has deservedly become the middleweight champion. George is known for his versatile style, combining boxing, kickboxing.
and Brazilian jiu-jitsu. He has earned fame as an intelligent fighter, with perfect physical conditioning and out-of-the-box thinking during the fight. St Pierre has a filigree sense of distance and supersonic reactions. This allows him to control the fight and change tactics in the blink of an eye depending on the situation.
- He uses his legs to deliver knockout punches even at the shortest range.
- Due to his emphasis on classic defense (dodges, dives and blocks), it is an impossible task to hit George accurately.
- Jiu-jitsu and freestyle wrestling: His skill on the ground deserves the highest praise.
If he takes the fight to the floor, the opponent is doomed to defeat.
These are just some of the many talented athletes who have achieved the highest honors in mixed martial arts. It is worth wishing them not to grow old in spirit, and those who still participate in fights, for a long time to please the world with their victories.